Cleaning Tips to Maintain Area Rugs
All About Area Rugs?
Rugs are the best addition into your rooms, home, offices, and workplace and wherever you choose to from hallway to gazebo. They add the perfect beauty to the home ambience and décor. But retaining the look and appearance of the rug is also very important so that it can accentuate its appearance for many years. Thus the following are some tips to maintain, clean and repair area rugs for a charming look.
- Vacuum cleaning: Often vacuum your area rugs regularly so this can maintain the material and look. This will allow the dirt and dust to get wither off which gets regularly settled into your rugs. If this is not cleansed properly it can damage the fiber of the area rugs. Always take care that vacuum using even strokes against the nap of the rug. To find the nap, stroke your hand along the rug, the smooth side of the rug is the nap. Get the professional help for delicate area rugs: There are certain area rugs like shag rugs which are very delicate to handle therefore, sometimes a vacuum is too rough for them. It is recommended that you have these rugs professionally cleaned every three to six months.
- Rotate your rug: Your rugs needs to be frequently rotated to assure that it wears and fades evenly. Every three to six months you should rotate your area rugs to avoid having spots damaged by the sun or by foot traffic.
- Installing Rugs pads: it is said by experts that after purchasing your area rugs, installing rug pads are must for increasing the longevity of rugs. This will provide an extra cushioning for feet and will prevent slips and falls from occurring. Thus, a good quality rug pad will also greatly extend the durability of your area rug.
- Cleanse the spills quickly: It is always advisable that one should follow the cleaning instructions on the packaging to take best care for your area rug. Before applying any kind of rug cleaner, spray them on a tiny piece of the rug to ensure that they will not damage the rug.
- Check your cleaning solutions: Area rugs with higher traffic can use a carpet brush and a mild cleaning spray to clean them. Before cleaning the rugs, one should thoroughly read the guidelines given on the cleaner and then soak up the spills using a non-colored towel. Use lukewarm water for delicate area rugs, like shag, and dampen the spill up. Later get these rug professionally cleaned as soon as you can within three months.