How To Welcome Curb Appeal this Summer?
Summer is a buzz time for potential home buyers. Adding a curb appeal prepares home by synchronizing the look, neatness and efficiency of outdoors. Providing smart makeovers to the home outdoors simply delivers class, increased value and the oomph factor. So, get going and explore some improvement ideas to catch up with the outdoor styling this season
Decorate the Entrance
The entrance is first pitch that creates a lasting impression on people. Just so, as the entrance does not resemble a way into haunted house, it is must to renovate this area.
1) Pretty Fence and Arbor: Broken and rotten fences are big no-no. Remove weed growth and treat the fence with pest resistant solutions. Colorful fence portraying subtle-sophisticated patterns can make the entrance look groovy. Install an arbor to enhance the summer effect in the outdoors.
2) Sculpted Planter Beds: Strewn trees, overgrowing shrubs and obscured planter beds can be a sore sight. Pruning shrubs and trees is important. It provides shape to the turf. Smooth sprawl of beautiful planter bed will any day increase the curb appeal.
3) Inviting Accessory: A hanging wind chime, Feng Shui or doorbell on the entrance gate or fence can look awesome. It may make the buyers immediately connect to the design element of the outdoors.
4) Outdoor Art:Get rid of boring appearance of entrance by spicing up the area with eye catchy outdoor art. This can be fence sconces, quirky backsplash, and pot plants. You can scratch your creative side to come up with more such amusing ideas.
Dress up Driveway
Mottled and smudged driveway can be a spoilsport when it comes to outdoor design. A pathway leading to garage and lawn needs to be attractive.
1) Sculptures: Stone and ceramic figurines can size up a traditional driveway well. Modern installations like topiary, wrought iron sculptures and fixtures can further renew the appearance of an area.
2) Lighting: Build a room for fine lighting by providing a touch of illumination to sidewalk with lanterns. Using solar brick lamps and tracklights are among energy conserving ideas. Dimmers and floor lamps are two contemporary outdoor lighting concepts.
3) Remove Stains and Cracks: Smudged pathways and stained sidewalks can literally bring the spooky look. Well, as it is not Halloween, people may not take this sight in their stride. It is necessary to install new tiles if they are broken. Cleaning the driveway floors regularly in summers will keep it spick and span.
4) Brick the Edges: You would not want to scare the guests with sprouting branches blocking the walkway. By bricking the driveway edges, you not only provide an organized appearance to the area but also make it more inviting.
5) Cover Gutters: If your guest loses their footing on uncovered gutter, surely you are in a tight spot. To save such accidents and maintain driveways, it is better to cover the outdoor gutters this summer.
Do Away with Old
A rusty and dilapidated outdoor will keep away people. Unless it is someone you detest, you would not want to creep out guests with a load of junk in outdoors.
1) Gates and Fences:Creaking gates and askew fences are definitely a big turn off. Take out the rust and grime on fences and gates. Groom these well with nice polish and paint. Replace these, if badly tethered and broken. Oil the hinges and keep gates updated.
2) Mailbox: Agree or not, mailbox is not just a functional accessory. These days, mailboxes bring the wackiness in design. Therefore, you can consider installing a designer mailbox that does not snap out the palms of people.
3) Welcome Signs: Until you want the visitors to wear an unpleasant grin, you may consider fixing your welcome sign for good. Coastal, beach and tropical themed welcome signs can look great to dress doors in summers.
4) Waste Baskets: Dustbins with holes and oozing out garbage can drive away guests. Hence, check if the wastebaskets in outdoors are clean and in perfect condition this season. Remember to empty the garbage regularly.
Pretty Lawn Ideas
Lawn is a space where people gather and spend evenings. To render it an everlasting comfort-providing place, you need to adhere to some home improvement ideas.
1) Beautify Doorstep:Pebble and mosaic tiles or colorful floor ideas can catch the attention of guests. Temper the step edges so that they are not jagged or sharp. You perhaps want to install rug runners on the doorsteps this season.
2) Upgrade Railings: Chipped and falling out railings can invite accidents. Fix broken balustrades, replace damaged tops, and remove grease and other nuisances from the lawn railings.
3) Pot Plants: Bring green cover alive on lawn with few pot plants. This will build a lively ambiance here. Summer plant makeovers for lawn are an excellent option to add curb appeal. Flowers, climbers and shrubs can help in rendering wonder to this space.
4) Fine Seating: Upholstery furniture, cushion swing, cane or bamboo chair along with jazzy coffee table can make up the lawn seating space. Adding coastal throw pillows and summer candles can engross your guests.
5) Accent Rugs: Spread out accent rugs on the lawn floor to highlight summer beauty. This can be a sign of a hearty welcome for your guests. Choose jute, coir or bamboo accent doormats. These are apt for outdoor flooring.
6) Mold Free: Scrape off mold and mildew growth on lawn and outdoor deck. These pests may make the area slippery and cause it to stink. It can ward of potential buyers. Mold and mildew can also eat on wooden lawn decks. Hence, keeping lawn free off these pests is eminent.
Fresh Garden Makeovers
An open garden dissolves ugliness and brings serene look to the outdoors. However, if the turf is not managed well, it can devalue a home. Here is how to increase curb appeal through organized gardens.
1) Addition of Accessories: A water fountain and birdbath will grant cheerful appearance to your summer garden. Designer planters and reclaimed pots can add the necessary wow factor to the surroundings.
2) Benches: If you already have garden benches, then you need to check on their condition. Tighten their screws, planks, repair the backside and seat, if damaged. Install mushroom stools, long benches in here to build pleasant seating space.
3) Symmetrical Plantation: Crop the shrubs, prune the plants, and maintain the flowerbeds well. You garden should possess a symmetrical appearance that does not ruin the beauty of the green turf. Perhaps, you can have all the flower plants at one side and vegetation at the other corner.
4) Install Summer Pergola: In the sizzling summer, it is best to create a shelter around the garden seating. A pergola can do the trick. This will also protect the outdoors, making space for a comfortable hangout even in the scorching heat.
Some outdoor features need care and attention to enhance the aesthetics. Here is a list of factors you must look into to improve the curb appeal.
1) Windows: Fill up the cracks and caulk them to prevent heat entering indoors. Get rid of the peeling paints, poking splinters and termites. Rework the window panels, if they need repair. Attach valances and ribbons to beautify them.
2) Front Door: Utilize a summer wreath to decorate front doors. Polish and paint them well to keep them looking stylish. Do away with rusty knobs and door handles. You can choose to install a safety door this season.
3) Front Lighting: A pendant lamp, chandelier or wall sconces installed in the lawn or outdoor porch is great as illumination sources in summer. You may use flower shaped candles and other scented wax candles to tune in the right mood in the home exteriors.
4) Ceilings: Fixing the holes and cracks in the rooftops and ceilings will uplift the curb appeal. Repairing roofs will grant a compact look to the house, which will usher eye candidness. Removing broken roof slabs and replacing them with new one can be one of the seasonal routine checks.
5) Accent Trim and Siding: Curvaceous trimmings and intricate side warps will help in embellishing the outdoor strictures like pergola, roofs, railings and shelters. These may complete the home design and complement the curb appeal.
Hence, it is understandable that updating outdoor features help in enhancing the curb appeal. Renovating your house outdoors this summer can definitely interest potential buyers.