Rug damage control and repair measures in long run
Listed below are some of the necessary control and repair measures your rug may require:
- Spot and stain removal: In long run or even in the present day your rug may get some stains or spots on their surface or fringes. If the stains are not that stubborn then you can use some home methods of gentle shampooing or scrubbing with vinegar to get rid of them. If the marks are serious then you have to get a professional help.
- Custom fit padding: It is important that you have rug pads for your rugs otherwise there might be chances that sometimes you may misbalance your steps and due to the slippery nature of the floor, the rug will not hold your fall. The rug pads ensure that the rug has a good grip on all corners and in turn may also not get too much of crumble marks or indentations in the long run.
- Rug re-weaving: This is a condition wherein your rug may face some misshapen fronts on the surface or the backing or the threads might separate in patches. It is better if the problem of such kind is dealt at the earliest by getting your rug weaved again by the professionals. Otherwise your rug may all together come off.
- Stop color bleeding: Your rug may bleed of the colors, this happens if your rug has an inferior quality of dye in it or there is some folly in the production of the rug. If cheap dyes are used with no proper setting on the threads then your rug will bleed of the inherent colors while they are washed. In this case you have to get your whole rug treated by getting it dyed again or the certain patch of the rug has to be dyed again.
- Moth and mildew control: if you have a natural fiber rug made of wool or the ones susceptible to pests like mildews and moths then you have to be careful to store in the rug in a cool and dry place. If your rug has caught moth and mildew then get it treated with medicinal chemicals which are recommended by the manufacturers.
- Patching holes: In long run your rug may get holes in it due to transport or any sharp object getting caught on the surface. In this case get your rug treated by the professions and get the holes rectified and filled in by the same material which is then dyed at the certain parts.
- Cut or add fringes: You may find that sometimes your rugs have fringes that become harsh and stand out from the border. They become loose and get frizzled out. You have to get your rug organized by the professionals who will restore the fringes of the rug by sewing and cutting the fringes and sometimes by adding fringes.
These are among the few measures you may have to take for your rugs in the long run.
You may also read other similar articles: