Tips for installing Non-Slip Rug Pads
The best part of area rugs is that they not just protect your floors but also enhance the look of your floors too. You may install a non-slip rug pad if you do not want the rug to slip. Here are some real simple instructions that will help you install the rug and non-slip rug pad without much effort.
How to place an Area Rug on a Nonslip Rug Pad?
- You must first remove any furniture placed in the area where the rug is to be placed.
- You must clean the area rug thoroughly if it is not properly clean.
- The non-slip rug pads stick to the floor only if there are no intermediate filth or dust particles.
- You must lay the rug pad at the location where you wish to place the rug.
- You may use a rug pad of the same size of the rug. Another alternative would be to use a rug pad which is slightly smaller but the difference should not exceed 12 square inches.
- Once you have placed the rug pad, place the area rug directly on top of this non-slip pad.
- After you place your rug, you may vacuum the rug once before you lay the furniture on it.
- Replace the furniture on the area rug.
Why should you Use a Rug Pad?
There are many reasons which make rug pads essential for floorings. Here are a few of the key reasons.
- The rug pads help to increase the overall life of your area rug. The rug pad completely prevents premature localized wear and tear of rugs.
- The hardwood floors may get oxidized if you do not provide the proper rug pad for your rugs.
- The non-slip rug pads also avoid the rugs from slipping. This will prevent the dislocation of carpets and keep them in place.
- It is an affordable way to increase the life of your carpet.
Where can you buy The Best Rug Pads?
There are countless options when it comes to buying rug pads. Most of the online carpet retailers do sell carpet pads too. You simply need to ensure that the rug pad is of good quality and that you buy from a reliable retailer.